Agenda - 190th Meeting of the New Brunswick Faculty
March 8, 2013
Brower Commons, Rooms A
1:10 pm --- 3:30 pm
- Call to Order
- Approval of Agenda
- Approval of Minutes for February 1, 2013; see tentative minutes at:
- Administration Report by Dick Edwards, Executive Vice President
for Academic Affairs.
- Distribution of the Rutgers Strategic Planning
Retreat document from the March 6, 2013 retreat
- Chair’s Report:
- VP Karen Stubaus has sent us a list of all NB/Piscataway
tenure-track/tenured faculty which can be used to verify NBFC
membership (see ByLaws change proposal below).
- Chair has failed to revive NBFC Committees. Need suggestions
for how this might be accomplished.
- Pending Issues, Resolutions, Actions.
- Resolution on Athletic Budget from Spring 2012
- NBFC role in recommending FAR representative
- NBFC Strategic Planning Participation: March 6th / April
retreats and March 15th meeting with Faculty Advisory
- Strategic Planning Discussion: Faculty Perspectives [two page
handout will be provided at NBFC meeting]
- Online Teaching Initiatives: MOOCs and related concerns
- Proposed ByLaws change.
- Current ByLaws specify one NBFC representative for
departments with 15 or more tenure-track or tenured faculty.
Departments smaller than that are aggregated to reach at
least 15 total faculty.
- Proposed change is to allow for one representative for each
department regardless of number of faculty (similar to a Senate).
- We might also discuss is three-year staggered terms should be
- Old Business
- New Business